Sunday, October 4, 2026

4. October. 2026

 “Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.” 

Joel 3:14

*******************

Randomness:

I've spent some time in the valley.

 

 

 Where hope was barely a flicker on the horizon. 

*** 

But somewhere, in some valley, I found Jesus right there with me.

Waiting for me to get my act together.

Waiting for me to let go.  

Waiting for me to surrender. 

Waiting for me to reach out for help. 

 

** 

The valley is where I learned I needed to lean on Him. 

Instead of trying to just muscle through on my own. 

 

*** 

So I'm learning to be still.  And wait.  And lean in to all the pain, and feel all the feels.

While the chaos roars through my mind, and through my veins, and all around me.

 All I have to do is focus on Jesus.

The big picture.

The brass ring.

The prize. 

I must have faith.  I must do good.  And I must endure.

** 

The peace He gives me, in the chaos and the storms, is supernatural. 

The world may shift and tilt on it's axis, but I have solid ground under my feet. 

 

********** 

More Randomness:

 Running . . . is therapy.

Discipline, focus, and God's grace, mercy, and love have brought me here. 

Doing hard things.

Taking on the impossible until it's possible.

I think doing the hard things, helps prepare you for doing the harder things.

 

 

And there are always harder things.
 
 
*************************

 Random Bovine Update:

Gaia, our last cow left in the herd to calve, finally had her baby around 0740 hours.  Right after I finished up with my run.

A cute little heifer calf. 

 


 

 I can finally rest a little easier, knowing that we've wrapped up another season.

It's had it's ups and downs, but overall it's been a good one.

We started off with twins on September 4, and ended October 4, with this little gal.

So I'm pretty excited to watch them all grow and change over the course of the next few months.

************

Random Things I'm Grateful for:

Beautiful foggy sunrises. 

Cooler temperatures.

Lungs to breathe with.

Legs that can still run a 5k.

The ability to do hard things. 

Valleys.

Newborn babies.

The ending of another calving season.

In-law invasions. (Refer back to Valleys.)

God's grace, mercy, strength and love.

Discipline. 

Random thoughts and a place to throw them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment