“All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.”
Proverbs 16:2
*******************
Randomness:
The crisis cleaning continues . . .
Slowly and methodically.
At my own pace.
Because I have long since quit stressing over vanity.
Or what anyone thinks of my domestic abilities.
*****
The in-laws inviting themselves over has actually been a good motivator to get some things done that I really needed to get done; those things that haven't been top priority on my list, until this past week.
I'm making sure the hallways are clear for walkers and or wheel chairs, as I'm not sure what level of mobility my mother-in-law may have.
If they even decide to come at all.
It may be a no go.
But I'm good either way.
***
I've been bouncing around the house like I'm at an Olympic event for people with A.D.D..
Threw in a load of laundry this morning.
Cleaned the toilet.
Unclogged the sink in the kid's bathroom and cleaned the sink.
(Gonna have to have a talk with my son. Shaving and leaving his "mess" in the sink.)
Folded clothes.
Cleaned off part of the kitchen countertops and the stove.
Vacuumed.
Kind of.
(The vacuum shut down on me, due to a clogged filter, about halfway through. Go figure! I spent a good half hour cleaning the filter and set it out in the sun to hopefully dry in time for me to finish vacuuming this evening.)
I just gotta chuckle.
Of COURSE, things aren't going to go smoothly, when I'm trying to get something accomplished.
I washed all the bedding and got the bed made.
And washed one of the couch covers, which promptly came apart in the washer.
So . . .
Another little mess to clean up.
A hiccup in the rhythm.
Which I find hilarious.
And I gathered up three bags of trash to burn. Along with a few boxes.
***********
Sprinkled in a little reading . . . and a little bovine therapy.
Made some progress. Not perfection.
**
Then my boy child came home for the weekend. And couldn't remember if he shut his stove off.
So . . .
I drove him back to his apartment to double check. He HAD shut his stove off.
(2 hours on the road.)
Think I'm gonna call it a day.
*********
So grateful for a solo day.
All to myself.
Doing my random things.
Perfect weather.
Windows wide open.
A breath of fresh air.



No comments:
Post a Comment