“Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.”
Zechariah 10:1
*************************
Thursday Randomness:
Hello October!
Started out with my morning routines and then watered cows in the rain. Seems a bit bizarre. But that's what I did at 0600 hours this morning.
So here I am. Getting soaked to the skin. Playing in the rain.
What a glorious morning! And what a wonderful way to start the month of October.
Honestly, it could do this all week.
We need it.
********************
It was also a good day at work.
A nice quiet solo day. So I could catch up on a couple of deadline items.
One of which was sent yesterday, while I was out of the office. And also was due yesterday, while I was out of the office. Gotta love corporate.
The other is due tomorrow. I've finished my part. Felt like I was taking a college English exam. Just waiting on my Board President to look it over and sign it, so I can get it submitted. I'm sure I'll have to remind him in the morning, because I know he'll forget to sign it.
(FYI . . . My main job is being a glorified babysitter, for a group of adult males.)
**
Next on my list, is getting ready for the next board meeting, and finishing up this year's budget.
Which is due this month as well. It is my month to meet impossible deadlines.
Just living the dream.
Exhaustion is my ever present companion right now.
*************************
The cows are enjoying the cooler temperatures, but the mud . . . not so much.
Glad we got hay fed last night.
I'll have to keep my eye on the littles. To make sure they don't acquire any respiratory issues.
I'm hoping the rain knocks down all this dust.
*************
Ended my day with a Community Lighting Committee Board Meeting.
And got to watch the square dancers do their thing at the Community Building.
Never in a million years would I have thought you could square dance to "Another One Bites the Dust".
It's good to know that I can still be surprised now and again.
********
Also worked on my epitaph . . . AKA "Life Purpose", today.
"Living joyfully and gratefully. Creating beauty. In service to others."
I think that pretty much covers it. (And I nailed that ten word count limit, like a professional framer.)
This is what I would like to strive for.
That.
Or being a total recluse.
I guess now I can start setting some goals.
****
I've been waking up at 0200 hours again this week. Not sure what's up with that, but it's killing me.
I guess it gives me more time to pray. There is much to be prayed for. And the Lord knows what's on my heart, even when I don't have the words.
So it's all good.
Sleep is overrated anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment