*************
Randomness: Selfie September - Pieces of Me
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to wipe the slate clean.
And start over.
What's that phrase at the beginning of the new year?
New year. New you? Or something to that effect.
**
But I wouldn't want to trade my life experiences for anything.
As painful and traumatic as they might be.
I've seen a few things.
And felt a whole lot of "rip your guts out and drag them down the road" feels.
Along with the joys of living life.
But I desire the Lord's grace, mercy and forgiveness, over the rough and messy parts of me.
Cleaning me up, wiping me down, polishing my armor, and lifting me up for the next battle.
Because that battle is on going.
The fight for my wayward soul.
I know it. And I pick up my Sword and get after it every day.
**
However, I get weary of the battle some times.
And the good Lord leaves me. Bereft. Wounded. And questioning.
Laying in the dirt.
And waits for me to figure things out.
He lets me suffer. And struggle.
Until my focus returns to Him.
****
I heard this little phrase somewhere . . .
"Instead of calling it suffering, call it growing."
As in "growing pains".
I like that thought.
Don't mind me. I'm just growing over here.
There are many lessons to learn.
And time grows shorter with each breath.
*********************
Daily Calendar Thought - September 4
From: Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
In closeness to Me, you are safe. In the intimacy of My Presence, you are energized. No matter where you are in the world, you know you belong when you sense My nearness. Ever since the Fall, man has experience a gaping emptiness that only My Presence can fill. I designed you for close communication with your Creator. How I enjoyed walking in the garden with Adam and Eve, before the evil one deceived them!
When you commune with Me in the garden of your heart, both you and I are blessed. This is My way of living in the world - through you! Together we will push back the darkness, for I am the Light of the world.
(Psalm 32:7; Genesis 3:8-9; John 8:12)



No comments:
Post a Comment