Thursday, September 3, 2026

3.September.2026

 “Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:” 

Proverbs 30:8

******************************

Randomness:  Selfie September - Pieces of Me

On the way to work this morning, I came across a fawn and a couple of crows playing in the middle of the road.  

An interesting grouping of playmates.  

If it takes three crows to make a murder of crows, is two crows just an attempted murder? 

If so, the fawn needs to pick better playmates.

 

**** 


 

 From this simple event . . . my brain took off on a random tangent of thought, as it sometimes does.

This all ran through my head during my fifteen minute drive to work. 

So if you read on . . . I hope your mental gymnastics are good.

And you realize how lucky you are to only get a fifteen minute glimpse of the randomness that runs through my brain. 

**  

I'm sure the crows didn't mean any harm to come to their little fawn friend, but they were all playing a dangerous game.

Any or all of them could have gotten hurt or "murdered", so to speak.  

The fawn was probably being disobedient, as children sometimes are. 

And  . . . 

From that thought, I really went down the rabbit hole.

 

************  

This is a completely off the wall thought.  So bear with me here.

 I've been a sinner my whole life. 

But I would never want anyone to suffer because of MY lack of obedience or faith. 

But I know that God tests and refines us, using whatever means may be necessary.  

And sometimes He uses others to guide us back to Him.

For instance, it took me having my first child, to get me to walk back into a church and give my heart to the Lord. 

I grew up in church.  I knew what was right and true, but I turned my back on it and went my own way. 

So God gently guided me back.  With the birth of my daughter.

And then I got a little side tracked again.  Busy living life.  Supporting a family.  And my time with the Lord became spastic and rushed.

Until my best friend was diagnosed with cancer.

A long, bumpy, emotional road.  Knowing the outcome, but praying for a miracle. 

She found God in that whole crazy mess.

And I re-evaluated my priorities.

Started getting up REALLY early.  

Reading and studying my Bible.

Praying.

Working out.

 And finding a release in physical activity. 

 

*******

But, what if . . . 

The birth of my daughter was the "tool", God used to guide me back to Him.  A joyful event.

So much love.

What if . . .

The diagnosis of my best friend, was God tapping me on the shoulder.

Reminding me to turn back to Him.

What if . . .

God took her, because He saw something in her future that would make her fall away from Him, and He desired to have her in His Kingdom for eternity.  Taking her when her heart was so close to His.

What if . . . 

My disobedience and lukewarm faith had forced God to use life altering events, involving others,  to get my attention.   

I don't want anyone to suffer for my lack of obedience or lukewarm faith. 

 So here I am.

Learning to let go and fully surrender.   

It's not going to be an easy road.  I'm still taking the long way home.

But His grace is sufficient for me. 

 And I am blessed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment