“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.”
Job 13:15
************************
Randomness:
My son is a very sensitive human being.
He unfortunately inherited some level of my empath curse.
Feeling his own emotions and feelings very loudly, plus being overwhelmed by everyone else's emotions and feelings.
(Just for a little additional challenge.)
He's just not experienced at dealing with all this touchy feely stuff, and it causes him great anguish.
*****
Last weekend, when I spent two hours on the road with him, he was upset about always feeling alone. No friends to really talk to. No one with similar interests or hobbies.
The proverbial square peg / round hole.
*****
THIS . . . I know well.
It seems like I have always been alone.
Even surrounded by family and friends.
I am the eldest daughter.
Old before I was born.
Responsible-ish.
And taking on weight I should never have carried, as a child.
An overachiever.
A weirdo.
************
But I'm afraid I can't help him.
He's a stubborn twenty year old male.
Who disregards most of what I say.
So he will just have to figure it out.
Like I've had to.
All I can do is give guidance and pray he survives this horribly difficult time in his life.
And maybe some day he will realize how blessed he is to get to travel this particular lonely road.
There is much strength of character to be built.
***************
More Randomness:
Got a jump start on tax season.
Paperwork has been filed.
Receipts have been put in order (mostly).
And now I'm ready to tackle a few things before the end of the year rolls around.
****************

No comments:
Post a Comment