Sunday, September 6, 2026

6.September.2026

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” 

Ephesians 5:16

*********************

Randomness:  Selfie September - Pieces of Me

Just for the record.  

Running sucks.   

Ask any runner.  They will tell you.

They love it.  And they hate it. 

Most days are hard and painful.

And then you have the rare occurrence of an "easy" day.  Where you never get winded, your feet don't hurt and you feel strong and unbeatable.  Effortless.

But those are one in a million runs. 



 

 However, I believe running gives more than it takes.

 

********* 

Last Sunday I ran "naked".

My phone had an update overnight and my running app wasn't working.

So I just jumped in and ran.

No pressure.  At a nice easy, natural pace.

No voice calling out the mile markers and the pace. 

Telling me how badly I sucked. 

 


 

I enjoyed the whole run.  

And got my 5k in, at the 29 minute mark.

Soaked up everything in all it's beauty and listened to the soundtrack of nature. 

*********

I'll admit I was a bit frustrated when my app wasn't working.  

But I just went with it. 

And I was grateful for every step.

** 


 

God has a way of blessing me, without asking my permission.

It wasn't how I wanted my run to start, but it was just what I needed.

I had a lot of thinking to do.   

And a lot of praying.

And I got to very briefly meet the new neighbor as I jogged passed her on her walk. 

**********

More Random Thoughts:

 


 

When I was training for my marathon a little over a decade ago, people who lived along my running route would catch me at the office and tell me how they had seen me out running, and decided to start walking.

 Then I started noticing the people on the five mile stretch of my route getting out and about, enjoying themselves.  

Some jogging.

Some walking.

Some with their whole family.

It was great to see everyone getting out and MOVING.  And having someone to wave to as we passed by each other.

I never saw anyone without a smile on their face.

** 


 

After I got sidelined with injuries, I noticed them dropping off.  One by one.  Until no one was out walking or jogging anymore.

So when I started running again, I watched to see what would happen.

One of the neighbors has started walking with her husband, pushing their two little ones in the stroller.

Another.  A single mom.  Gets out and walks with her kids.  And sometimes she even gets out of the house by herself.

Another neighbor, a young, single teacher, has been getting out for late afternoon walks.  Probably to walk off some steam after being with "the littles" all day. 

The new neighbor and her family have been walking as well.

It's an interesting dynamic.   

 I guess if I want my neighbors to get in shape, I just have to keep getting out there and showing up.

I mean if this old lady can do it, they should be able to as well.

You never know when your actions might be influencing or inspiring someone else.

Show up.  Be happy about it.  And share the road. 

 

*********************

Today's Randomness:

 


Today I simply walked my four miles.

Enjoying the peace.

And the under 80 degree temperatures.

Walking and praying.

Praying and walking.

Yesterday I kind of got a little dehydrated from being out in the heat all day.

I ran out of water and Gatorade on the last two loads of hay. 

My core temperature didn't level out until this afternoon.

After a few cold showers.

And everything hurt.

So I opted to use some common sense for a change.

And not push.

I'll feel better tomorrow. 

Just in time to haul some more hay in the heat.

Fall is just around the corner.  Right? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment