Friday, July 31, 2026

31.July.2026

 “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.” 

Acts 17:28

**********************

A Random Friday:

Started my day at the usual 0400 hours.  

Got a load of laundry going.

Read my bible and devotional studies.

Did a bit of journaling.

Tossed clothes in the dryer.

Got my stretching in. 

And then laced up for my 2+ mile run on the treadmill.

Fed the outside cats.

Checked the fencer and walked the fence line to check for any damage before letting the cows out.

(A deer had broken one of my step in posts, so I had to walk back and repair fence.  Luckily an easy fix.)

It ended up raining on me again.

(I enjoy these rainy mornings.)

I topped off all the cow's watering tanks.

Came in and hopped in the shower and got ready for work.

Spent my day at work cleaning off my desk, filing paperwork, and taking care of business.  (My co-worker was out this afternoon, so I had the office to myself. So I got a LOT done.) 

I used my lunch hour to edit and purge old photo files on my laptop.

(Cleaning out all of my old external drives from 2003 to present. Wondering how in the heck I took so many photos. Thousands upon thousands. Have MERCY!) 

 The PURGE continues . . .

After work, I ran my errands.

Came home and watered cows; fed and put them up early, for the evening. 

(Didn't have to water the garden today!  Thank you for the rain, Lord.)

Waited for my girl child to get home.

Loaded Eli's couch and television table into the truck and strapped it down for a trip to his new apartment.  

Which removed a small bit of chaos from my living room.

(I may be able to breathe again soon.) 

Made the hour trip north, unloaded his furniture and got his furniture all set up for him.  And I hung up a canvas on the wall over his sofa.  Because, yeah. That's how this is going to go.  A few homey comforts can go a long way.

 


 

Took the kids and made a quick run through Hobby Lobby, just because it brings me joy.  I didn't buy anything, but the kids both found a few items.  (And my boy child decided he might need a canvas for his bedroom wall as well.  lol)

Then ran through Wal-Mart for a few cleaning supplies for the boy child's new apartment. 

Finally made it back home around 2200 hours.

*************

Other Randomness:

My boy child has had a rough go of things the past six months.  Which has added a little extra to my already full plate.

He's basically a 70 year old in a 19 year old's body. He gets up early to be at work by 0730 and he doesn't do late nights well.

He goes to school.  Does his homework.  And goes to work. Kind of a serious kid with big plans.  I'm glad he's responsible and a good kid.  (But he could stand to loosen up a bit and have some fun.)

His two roommates (high school friends) in his first apartment decided they wanted him to leave, so they could party all night and have their loud friends over at all hours. Which had been causing some friction between the boys, during the school year.

So . . . 

After searching all summer for an apartment, he finally found a place that he could afford on the outskirts of town. A senior housing complex.  He should fit right in.

 And the old folks shouldn't keep him up much past 2000 hours, with their wild parties.

I also like that it's on the outskirts of town and tucked into a nice quiet little neighborhood.  I think he's going to enjoy having his own place. 

Glad to get him settled in before school starts in a few weeks and I think that will relieve a lot of his stress, which in turn makes things a little easier on me as well.

Win.  Win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment