My very inspirational, thought provoking friend, Lee, sent me an email a little over a week ago, in regards to a project called Develop: on Fridays. Of course, knowing it was from Lee, I HAD to check it out. After reading through all the particulars, I joined the Flickr Group, the Facebook Group, and the Message Board, so I could participate in this phenominal project put together by the uber talented Jefra Starr Linn.
Here is my interpretation of Lesson #1:
What is your voice? Everybody has one. Do you know what yours is?
Your “voice” is how you uniquely express the way you see things. It is uniquely you expressed through your work.It’s what you have to offer the world. It’s how you see the world. It’s something that changes and evolves and intensifies/mellows and matures over time. It’s something you work on and feed. It’s how you serve the world around you. This is a little glimpse into how I'm finding my own voice . . .
My first inclination was to take photos of my children and family . . . heaven only knows I get to use "my voice" quite frequently, and without boundaries with them all. And sometimes quite loudly. But as I thought about this a little deeper, I realized that LEARNING, and the ability to learn, are what truly gives me my voice. One of the main elements in my own personal learning process is reading . . .
I read everything (well . . . not EVERYTHING. I'm really bad when it gets down to reading instruction manuals)! My Bible; countless blogs; books; newspapers; magazines; signs . . . and the list goes on.
I soak up a large amount of information from the simple act of reading. The rules and guidelines that God would have me to follow; tips and ideas on living a simple more meaningful life; crafty and organizational ideas; how to ___________ (fill in the blank).
The amount of knowledge that we all have access to now-a-days, is phenominal, but you can't find your voice in reading, alone.
The greatest key to me, in this particular learning process, is experience. And from experience, I'm beginning to find my voice. From experimenting; from trying; from failures; from successes; from loss and from every other minute detail of my life. Experience is a learning process, and you can either embrace it with open arms, or block it out.
As for me . . . I'll be embracing it all with open arms. Laughing out loud, crying with abandon, and learning something from each new experience.
It will probably be quite some time before you hear me "singing in the choir" . . . but none-the-less, when I do . . . my voice will be heard.
wow! love the pics and the concept! great job!!
ReplyDeleteczarina
That was really inspirational! Great job on the pics!
ReplyDeleteI love how you interpreted the first week in photos and in wording. Now, that would also make a wonderful scrap page! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete