
and yet I've decided to practise a little discipline and get up early, to start my day with the Lord.
I can't say in words, how grateful I am for The 5 a.m. Club, but these past few days have been such a wonderful blessing to me. So thank you Sarah Mae for bringing us all together!
It seems that in the busyness of my life, with my long "to do" lists, the Lord is the first one to be neglected. I think . . . "Oh, I'll read that chapter in my Bible later, when I have more time." or "I'll spend some quiet time with the Lord, when Eli lays down for his nap." But you know what happens in reality? I read that chapter in my Bible at bedtime, when I'm so tired, I'm lucky to retain ANYTHING! And when Eli is napping . . . I'm busy scurrying around finishing up my "to do's", while I've got the chance. I'm really saddened about this realization, but now that I'm more aware, I will do my best to be more diligent in my pursuit of the Lord and his ways. For me, that means putting "PRAYER & WORSHIP" at the top of my "to do" list, and working it in to my daily morning routine. All I needed was someone out there (Sarah) to come up with the idea and issue this challenge, to get me going.
And I'll be honest here . . . I really have issues with my stubborn will. It has many good uses, but when it comes down to hearing the Lord's voice, it often turns away and does what it wants, anyway. This is an area of my life that I would just love to be able to snap my fingers and fix, but I know that the Lord will guide me through all the long, hard, uphill battles I will be facing. I don't believe it says anywhere in the Bible that following Him would be easy . . .
I believe that the Lord sees a jewel in each of His creations.
It's up to us to search our hearts, and find the jewel within.

Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish. ~ Proverbs 12:1 KJV
God Bless You and if you feel like joining in, come on over!
I can only nod my head in agreement. I struggle with that same "to do" list, as the evil one laughs in contentment when I am not in the Word. It's sad that I need the reminder :( I'm thankful I don't neglect time in devotions with the boys - that would make me feel even worse. Thank God for His grace and mercy, huh?
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I LOVE the idea of blogging our 5am journey! I may not blog everyday...but I will for sure be adding this to my blogging! You inspired me to write today...come check it out! =]
ReplyDelete~J
Good for you....I love the peace and tranquility of that time in the morning!
ReplyDeleteOne of your co- 5:00 am early birds. :)
ReplyDelete